Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I have been called...

....I have a new calling and let me tell you how utterly scared I am and how extremely humbled I am. I've been called as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society of the Gresham Ward. I really don't think it has really hit me quite yet or fully sunk in, but I'm taking it day by day. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity even though I feel SUPER inadequate! When I was called as the RS President in the singles ward in Arizona I was shocked and scared (pretty much the exact same I am feeling now) and even tough I felt inadequate then I somehow knew it was right and I could relate to the sisters. Here it is ENTIRELY different, I am now in a family ward where I'm a single sister surrounded by much wiser (didn't really want to say older) ladies who I look up so much and who know so very much more than I do. What can I possibly bring to the table?? Yup this darn question that has been running through my mind for a weeks now and the only peace that comes to me is knowing the President, 1st Counselor, and Sec are AMAZING and will pick up my slack. All I know is that I will be spending more time on mmy knees because there is no way I can do this on my own. Apparently Heavenly Father has an awesome sense of humor and likes to see the deer in highlights look on my face :)
Love you all!!

4 comments:

masonandtara2 said...

When I think of the gresham ward I'm immediately reminded of all those women you have been our leaders and who we look up too. Then I thought a little more, I wanted something wise to come, but who am I kidding!! :) Anyways, Jenni there are single women in RS even in Gresham. There are also mothers with teens close to your age who might need a little help with their kids. and finally you are an amazing example of living the gospel. EVERYONE can look to you as an example and that is why you were called.

Heidi said...

I don't know why you were called, but I think there is much to be learned especially working with Lanell. She's awesome! You'll be great. Just know that us "old" sisters don't care who our leaders are. We only care that they love us and you have a huge capacity to love. The whole thing is...WE ARE ALL SISTERS and that's all that matters. Love you.

Clare said...

I may not be single, but there aren't a lot of just starting out families like Clint & I, so I appreciate your "young-ness." And I'm sad that they'll take you away from me in activity days. You'll do great! And I'm scared, too, to get a calling where I feel out of place working with those "wiser" women.

Stacy Stoddard said...

Jen,

I am sure you will and are doing an awesome job. I remember when I got that exact same calling over 4 years ago. I was so overwhelmed. When I was set apart I learned why I had to be in that calling at that time. I was told that if I served willingly and stayed close to the Lord I would be blessed with a family. And over a year later we were blessed with Bo coming into our home.

I also learned that planning activities for other women was not my favorite thing but I could do it. And most importantly I learned how important the RS Program is and how awesome the women in the church are and no matter their age I learned from all of them.

So, the calling may not be for you to teach the women anything, it may be for you just to learn from wonderful women you get to serve with and around.