Monday, March 8, 2010

catch up game...

Life has been crazy, school and work have taken over my life and not so happy about that. Work is going great and I LOVE it, I'm learning so much and just love the people I work with and all that. School... let's just say I say at the end of the day that I'm quiting! This semester is my first experience with online classes and for the most part they are not so bad...I'm learning and proving to myself that I can discipline myself and really learn on my own, however, oh my goodness!!!!! I will be the mayor of crazy town shortly!!!

Anyway, just finished some homework and need a break before starting more so I figure I would catch up. First of all in Feb, Jeana got tickets to Disney Princesses On-Ice in a drawing and she was soooo nice and invited me along...it was Jeana, Jill, Ivy and I. It was soooo FUN!!! Watching Ivy was the BEST! When Mickey and Minnie first came out, she got the biggest smile on and then burst into tears cause she couldn't go by them. She was in a trance the whole time, I had more fun watching her.
Mickey and Minnie came out...2 sec later...tears tears and more tears
Literally where she sat most of the show
Honestly sooo cute!

Needless to say, Disney Princess on-Ice was a complete success, so much that the second we walked outside, Ivy started crying cause she didn't want to leave. Broke my heart!

So one friday that I should have been studying and more studying, I ended up helping my dad up at the building, which made it a GREAT day. It's been awhile since I've been up there to help and I had such a good time, granted I was there an hour or so hahaha But I just love the time spent with my dad. I was getting dressed to go up and the rule of thumb is never wear any good clothes whatsoever, me being me asked dad, "Will I get full of grease?" Dad-"No unless you fall on the ground where there is grease" ....I now have 2 awesome grease spots on a good pair of jeans...my fault completely, NEVER NEVER wear good clothes!

My awesome grease stained shirt...
Booster Ball!!! Multiple nieces and a nephew in the games, it was so fun watching them play, got to cheer them on...made me one proud Auntie! (no pics of the actual games, bummed about that)


Snowboarding!!!!! After the booster game and Bug's b-day party, my dad, Jas and I went to Navarino Slopes. First time ever snowboarding for me and Jas. Dad skiied and hadn't in 30 years, but I totally think he lied, he only fell once whereas me and Jas were on the ground quite often! Among all the falling and funny funny scences...I was the only girl in the history of the world to actually get caught on the ski-lift and get flipped...yeah like I said the only girl in the history of the world. Let's state for the record that the ski-lift was almost scarier than the actual hill...no graceful way to get off no matter what, well one time I was trying my hardest not to fall like always and staying on the lift 2 seconds too long holding out my arms trying to get my balance, the seat whipped around to go back down and caught my arm right up....let's just say I was a little rag doll, luckily it wasn't as bad as it could've been, as much as it hurt and I have a nice bruise on my arm to prove it, but my ego was bruised as well, you see lots of people like to sit at the top and watch everyone get off the lift, yeah that's right, lots of people saw me :( I now know what NOT to do, get off that lift as soon as possible even if you fall, falling is much easier!
Yes this is how we spent most of the day...on the ground laughing at ourselves hahaha We weren't complete failures and yes we did make it down the hill a few times


And lastly, another temple trip...it was Taylor's first time and I was so excited to be there with her!!! We went to Mall of America Friday night and had a blast and the Temple was amazing as always! (I don't have pics yet, but will post them later)

Well that's about it, my few exciting things that have happened other than homework homework and more homework and work

4 comments:

Clare said...

I went up to Rib Mountain to ski when I was about 12 and totally got stuck on the lift because I was scared to get off. I don't remember how I got down.

BrandonandJeana said...

Love you sister...love hearing you explain things...just love it.

Lyndee said...

Yeah Jen Jen! It was so good to hear what is going on in your life miles and miles away from me in the cold. I feel ya with the school thing! I am ready to just burn all my books and quit. ahhh. We have to stay in there together! Love ya! That is so freaking cute about Ivy. She is so big! I wish I could have seen you flip on that ski lift hahah oh that would have made my day...just reading it made my day!

Heidi said...

You are one busy woman!!!! And by the way, Clare's ski hooked the power cord and shut off power to the lift and I was able to help lift her down.