Wednesday, March 24, 2010

what can I say?

well the wait is over...I DIDN'T get into my program for this fall :( I'm still on the waiting list and can petition again next feb. but there is no promise for next fall either! What can I say?? story of my life apparently...the kicker is that I could have been in my program right now in arizona, but I turned it down (Prayed about it and it didn't feel right, I need to be home now) I honestly can say that I have no plan, no idea, and scared out of my mind to the point it makes me cry. Options now include continuing with my "need to be a full-time student" degree (health care business) and hope and pray I get in next fall, just work for a year which equals being yet again kicked off my parents health insurance, or possibly a mission which I have always had on the back of my mind...........needless to say I have thinking to do! lovely!

School is kicking my trash...online=SO HARD!!!!!!! Most of my classes are awesome, just annoying really, but my Anatomy class...OH MY!!!! I have no idea what the heck I am reading when I study my book, complete different language to me and that is soooo bad, I kinda need to know this stuff I don't think any patient is going to appreciate me not knowing the different parts of the human body when I go to take an x-ray or whatever.... ARG!

Well on a positive note... SPRING IS HERE!!!! I LOVE it! I LOVE being home and I LOVE work!!! Everytime I get disacouraged or second guess my decision about giving up my pretty good social life out west, I just have to look around or the majority of the time get a smile from one the little kiddos I am home for :) Brookie, bless her heart, is getting baptized on April 9th and who does she ask to give a talk on the Holy Ghost?? Her big cry baby Auntie Jen! I'm so excited and so happy she thought of me and wanted me to talk! Any ideas for my talk will be greatly appreciated..thanks!
Playing outside...sun was out to play...so were we!

85 Days!!! Yes that's right, my countdown has begun to when I fly out to AZ!!! I'm so stinkin excited!

Lastly I just wanted to give a little shout out to my AWESOME Ma & Pa! Seriously, they allowed me move home and put up with me! They ROCK!! My Mom always seems to know exactly when to offer a smile or a hug that just makes everything better! She never fails to tell me I look pretty when I get ready every morning, even when come on we both know darn well I look like a walking zombie, but that just makes her GREAT! Cause on those crummy days when I not only look like a walking zombie but feel like it too, her smile and hearing her say "Oh you look so Pretty!" makes is alright and I can't help but feel good! Thanks MOM You'll never know how great you are!!!

4 comments:

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

Jenni you are so awesome! Hang in there and you will find what you need at the right time. The Lord will NEVER give up on you! There are reasons for everything even if we don't know what those reasons are.You will make it...I just know you will and I have faith in you!

As far a ideas about your talk...just let her know that the Holy Ghost is an amazing comforter when she needs it.

I know in my life the Holy Ghost has been there for me so much. Im so thankful for this AWESOME WOnderful gopel in my life and for the knowledge that I have. The Lord always knows what we need when we need it and is always there for us.

Jen I love you tons and miss you so much. Hang in there YOU CAN DO IT!

Emily said...

Oh buttkiss. Tough news. You are such a strong-willed girl, I know that you won't give up. I know in my own life, God has shut one door, leaving me incredibly disappointed, only to open a new one that's even better than the first. Keep your head up - you're so loving and talented, no matter where you are or what you're doing. I love you! And I love your countdown! WOHOO!! I can't wait to see you. Seriously. Can't. Wait.

Lyndee said...

Oh Jen Jen! I am sorry you didn't get in. I know whatever comes your way will be the best. I am in your same boat because I graduate in a few months and I have no idea where or what job I want to get. I hate making life decisions. waaa! I can't wait till I get to be reunited with my love...YOU!!!! Sometimes I think about you and about all the good times we had and how AMAZING you are Jen Jen! I wish you good luck in making decisions and school. I love you and am glad you are happy back with your family even though we miss you!

DJ said...

Jenn--you ARE beautiful! Inside and out! Your faith is amazing and sometimes we are put in to times like you are in right now so that when we KNOW that something is right we can feel it that much stronger in contrast. IF that makes any sense at all. I'm so sorry you didn't get accepted but I believe the Lord has a great plan for you and when you find out what that is you'll never look back!! I, of course, am partial to the mission decision. This was exactly the spot I was stuck in just before I found out that I was suppose to be a missionary....felt lost, scared, cried a lot too and nothing seemed to work out whatever direction I turned until of course I prayed about going on a mission and the answer came so strong I never did look back. I just knew what was right. Whether that's how it is for you or not I don't know but school or mission...you'll know.
And your mom is amazing! I side with her though...walking zombie or not Jenn Hoffman is ALWAYS pretty!!
Hang in there, keep asking and doing what you do. You're an amazing girl who is going places because of how incredible a person you are!!
As for the Holy Ghost talk, I love the analogy to a quilt/comforter. Ideally, I think it would be great to actually make a quilt for the person who is getting baptized and then compare that to the warmth, protection, and comforting feeling of the Holy Ghost. That's something I'm hoping to be able to do someday for someone when giving that particular talk.
But that's just me and kinda late on the suggestion considering she's getting baptized in two days. Good luck with the talk and with online school....let the spirit talk directly to you for all areas of your life. You'll know and this moment will be but a tiny moment you'll be able to see the good in. Hang in there, keep being YOU and know that there are many who are rooting for you everywhere! Way up in Canada, I am thinking and rooting for you always!
iloveyoujenn:)