Sunday, August 24, 2008

2 Firesides in 1 Night...How blessed am I?!

So tonight I was able to have 2 firesides in 1 night...at 6pm we had a Relief Society Stake fireside and our Stake President spoke to us...it was AMAZING!!! He talked about women and being mothers and he said that a Mother's love is one of the strongest and I think that was pretty cool. So right at the beginning I thought of my Mom and Grandmas. I am soso blessed! My mom is my best friend and I look up to her so much! Everything about my mom amazes me, from when she was baptized to now being a convert and being so strong in the church!
During the fireside, my Stake President said something that really caught me and I couldn't stop thinking about it. He said that some women and mothers for that matter sometimes take the world on their shoulders when they don't need to. When I was thinking about this, I thought again of my wonderful Mom! She is so very hard working and has such a warm heart. I think about that and it makes me think of what my mom always tells me when I call home with either a problem or something I'm worried about. She always tells me that "Everything will work out, If it's meant to be it will happen." And that's what I remember of all the little things..Thanks MOM!!!

The second fireside was at 7pm at the institute and if you ever encountered or seen "Reflections of Christ" it's a collection of photographs of Christ's Life, well the photographer is from AZ and all the Pictures were taken in AZ, and he came to speak to us tonight! It was so cool, and it is so amazing how great the Spirit was there! Looking at the Life of Christ and all that was done for us, it truly amazes me and makes me feel so grateful for all that I have. One of the pictures is of the Atonement and the photographer told us a story about his son...it was his son's birthday and he looked away for a second and his son was gone, here he ran and found him in the whirlpool under the water, he of course jumped in and got him out, but he said that it made him think of the Atonement. How awful is must had been for our Father in Heaven to watch Christ suffer and Atone for our sins. And for that I am truly grateful and I know that Christ did that so I would be able to return to my Father in Heaven one day and that he knows exactly what I am feeling and that knows my pains also, I am not alone!!

(If you want to see the slideshow go to youtube.com and type in 'Reflections of Christ Slideshow' or go to www.reflectionofchrist.org to see the video!)

2 comments:

Stacy Stoddard said...

it is awesome you had such a great night being fed by the spirit and taught from some great men.

Lyndee said...

Oh Jen Jen! I wish I could have been there with you! I miss you! I know you are the best RS president ever! I can't wait to see you this weekend too! Love ya much! Miss you forever!