Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School!!!

So I have started my second year of schooling yesterday...Back to reality that's for sure. I'm taking 14 credits this semester and will be working close to 30 hours a week, I'm sure going to be busy, but I am up for the task. My goal this semester is a 4.0..mainly because I need a 4.0 to up my over-all GPA for BYU to even look at me. Hopefully I can pull this one off. This morning I had my 6am beginning aerobics class...I like it when we did it in Volleyball So I said "what the heck! sign me up" OH MY GOODNESS! I am sore already..haha. The teacher is hardcore, she is in such good shape and she didn't even get winded throughout the class..then there is me..hehe Just imagine this if you will, I am out of shape and at 6am going full out with the class, I'm breathing heavy, beat red and sweating a ton...it was quite a sight I must say! We'll see if I can get up and move tomorrow morning.

Another funny story is my math class, it's an everyday class and it's my last math class that I need at EAC (Yippee!!) I go to class yesterday and the teacher that I signed up with didn't come back to teach so I was put in with a different teacher, a pretty new teacher at that. So I'm sitting in class and the teacher (Pedro Dabalsa) starts talking to us...here's the catch...he's from CUBA!!! Try understanding him speak...I maybe got a few words here and there out of his class yesterday. Well, there was no possible miracle on this earth that I was going to be able to get through that class with even a decent grade. Math being my worst subject and not being able to understand the teacher...YIKES!! So you guessed it...I dropped that one today and my luck there was no other math class so I signed up for my Intensive Writing class that I need. So I have to put off math until Spring.

For those who are wondering also...my calling is going great! I love it...I'm still learning everything and probably will never be an expert but I am trying very hard. Sunday at church all 3 wards combined so take a count and break up the wards...there were soooo many people there. And can I tell you how utterly scared I am for this next Sunday??!! I hope I can do this. I'm trying to get to know the knew girls as much as I can, but I'm still nervous! All I can do it try my hardest and hope for the best!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't understand a math instructor from my own town---math might as well be a foreign language to me too. You're lucky to get to put it off a little longer! Good luck with it when you have to take it.

As for your calling...you'll do awesome!! Pray hard.

I hope you have a fun year down there and I wish you the best in achieving your 4.0 goal--you've got a lot on your plate that's for sure. If anyone can do it Jenni Hoffman can!! You're awesome!!! I'll be thinking of you!

BrandonandJeana said...

Oh baby girl, the Lord is on your side! Sounds like you're busier than ever already...miss you lots...we'll talk later!

Emily said...

Ohhhh back to school. So you're taking intensive writing instead? Good luck! You know I'll always be willing to proofread a paper for ya. :) And please don't work too hard!!! Ok? You'll do great things this year Jen! I love ya!

Stacy Stoddard said...

you will do fine in your calling, just remember the girls don' think you are perfect and they understand everybody needs to learn new callings.

Good thing you got out of that math class, i think they shouldn't be able to let teachers teach classes, especially math, if they have an impossible accent to understand or can't speak english, it is so not fair to the student that has spent 100's of dollars to take the class. Good luck and have fun gettin a 4.0, you have the lord's help even more this semester because of your calling, use it to your benefit.