Sunday, January 24, 2010

Go Gutsy!

Jill and I went to Neenah to the Singles Ward again today and let me tell you, I am soooo glad we did! Every lesson and talk was so good and exactly what I needed to hear! In sacrament, all the talks were on missionary work and they were just amazing!

Well the new Sister Missionary talked first and her talk was amazing! She talked about being missionaries in our everyday lives, talking with co-workers, friends, etc... As I sat there I kept thinking..."ok I can do that, but how do I start it??" I work at the hospital and at corner bar, I know that there are many opportunities, but I just need to get the courage to say something. What hit me the most in her talk was her story at the end and challenge. Her niece was learning to ride a bike and had training wheels that were unsteady and she was scared, but she was learning. Well when she would ride the sidewalk, she would always ride up to a dip in the walk and then would slam on the breaks, for weeks she would not go through the dip...she was scared of falling and getting hurt. Well finally one day she was headed for that dip and her mom yells to her.."Go Gusty!!!!" And she did! She rode through the dip and made it to the corner!

The Challenge: GO GUTSY!!!! Go for it! I just love it, and I hope that I can do it!

1 comment:

DJ said...

I love the story and I think you are a missionary just by being your beautiful happy self. With prayer you can always be led to the right person who is waiting and ready to receive everything the Holy Ghost directs you to say and do. When you pray for experiences they DO come, I promise.

Hows the waiting for acceptance in to the radiology program? I can't wait to hear and I hope and pray you get in. That would be a sweet direction to go. You are way wiser than I was when it came to my educational pursuits, though I do believe I did the right things at the right time. Keep up your good solid ways and everything will come together better than you can even plan or imagine for yourself.

You are an amazing girl Jenni and I am so excited to see how things unfold for you in your life. I do know you are in and headed toward great things!!

Love You Lots!!!