Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Year, New Goals...

new years resolutions!!!! i made more goals than actual resolutions:
  • get straight A's this semester (having a semester off has made me lazy and i'm nervous to start again, but i'm bound and determined to get back in the grind and kick schools butt)
  • be better at writing in my journal (i'm terrible)
  • be better at daily prayer and scripture reading (always need for improvment!)
  • learn more & cook more
  • save $$$$ and budget better
  • be a more friendly person and a better person all together
  • ultimately be happy

these are just a few, but i do hope to accomplish lots :) with the decision to stay home and go to school here, i'm sacrificing a lot and unfortunatly i have second guessed my decision many times...don't get me wrong, i LOVE being home and with my family, this is HOME! having no social life is making me sad though, i miss my friends in arizona and i do worry about being here with few people my age with my standards, but i remind myself that i did pray about this decision and know that right now i need to be home. i am also quickly reminded with just a smile from one of the 14 little kiddos that i love dearly!!! with that i hope the new year brings new challenges, new experiences, and HAPPY HAPPY days.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

There has to be a reason the Lord needs you here. I know from watching all of my daughters, there isn't much here for a social life. Hang in there. Good luck with the schooling and kick some butt!
By the way, love your goals. Who can't use more spirituality?

Emily said...

Good resolutions buttkiss! I can imagine how hard it is to be away from friends - I wish I could be there with you! But you're such a strong girl and I'm proud of you for making those hard decisions. I love you!