Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Calling!

Today I was sustained and set apart as the Relief Society President of my college ward and can I please tell you utterly scared I am. Don't get me wrong...I am so excited for this opportunity and I know that it is a calling from my Heavenly Father, but i am terrified! I hope I can reach out to the girls and do a good job! I called one counselor and a secratary..they are amazing girls and I know they will do an amazing job! After we got set apart, we met with the old presidency and we got all our books and binders and my old president Jenn (Amazing girl) went through it with me and I got totally overwelmed! I just hope and pray that I can fulfill my calling and do what my Father in Heaven wants and needs to me to do. All I know is that I will on my knees a lot praying to my Heavenly Father for help and guidance!

4 comments:

Stacy Stoddard said...

jenn, you will do an amazing calling. It will only be overwhelming the first few months until you figure out what you are doing. And remember the reason you have counselors is to help you, so don't hesitate to deligate.

I have been the enrichment counselor for two and a half years and i was very overwhelmed but I work with great sisters who make my job easier.

The RS is a wonderful program and if you can get your sisters to understand that and to help you by doing their visiting teaching you will have done a great thing.

I am so excited for you and the blessings you will recieve from accepting and magnifing your calling. You will be amazed how much love the Lord has for your sister's and how he teaches you to love them the same way.

The Mullins said...

Jenn
How are you old enough to be in College, let alone the RS President??!! You will do fine. EA huh? That is where my mother attended college. My family still lives there(grandparents, cousins) Looks like you are having fun! keep in touch
Melinda
Sister H

Anonymous said...

you'll love it once you get the hang of things. I'm in our ward's RS presidency and when the president had an accident I had to act as the president for a couple months last year and it was very overwhelming but with the Lord's help and using your own gifts and talents and of course the spirit things will flow and come together perfectly for you and the girls you serve. Remember delegation--that's why you have counselors and a secretary--when you all work together and do your part everything just goes better. You'll do awesome! It's just who you are to do a great and amazing job! And the blessings will be overpowering as you serve with your heart and soul. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you....and feeling for you too--if you have any questions etc or want to hear what a family ward RS is doing I'll probably have some answers....love ya, Dawna

Lyndee said...

JEN JEN you are going to be the best RS Pres ever no worries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!