Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Research Paper..Help!

So for my National Politics class I have to write a research paper on a controversial topic, so I was deciding between abortion and the death penalty. For the paper I have to explore both sides of the issue and take a stand...well I am firm on my stand with abortion, but I think I would have trouble exploring both sides so I turned toward the death penalty. I have books from the library and I've called my mom, dad, and brother-in-law Brandon to get advice and also their stand on it. Like my mom and dad, I am on the fence, Iam for it in some cases, but I understand the other side also. I was wondering what the church stood on the subject, but no one seemed to know exactly what it was, but now I am asking for your viewpoints....your comments will help me out greatly and I would love to hear how everybody feels about the subject. so please comment and tell me your viewpoint, you would be helping me out a lot! I love you all!!!

4 comments:

masonandtara2 said...

Call me and I can help you on both topics. I LOVE those subjects. 715-544-4351. There is just to much to write

BrandonandJeana said...

Oh Jen-I, always have to ask the big questions. Abortion, I too am on the fence, I disagree with it in that I don't think a teenager should knowingly have sex and then decide to abort it just because, but on the other hand the whole rape at a young age, do you abort it issue is a tough one. But on that one, I'm more against than pro. Death penalty...disagree...I do not agree that anyone should get the death penalty no matter what he/she does. Its like hitting a child after he/she hits and saying "don't hit." Although there is the whole, prisons are overcrowded and it takes alot of taxes and money to keep them in there...so be it I guess, I'll pay more taxes I guess, and as for the overcrowded part...pack em' in there, who says prison should be comfortable and have rights...sorry you gave up those rights when you disobeyed the law. So anyway...I could go on and on, but you may get bored, if you need any more opinions or thoughts, you know how to reach me. Love you sister!

MissRochelle said...

Help from the former Poli Sci major.
If it were me, and you have to pick between the two, I would pick abortion. Capitol Punishment is too difficult to debate, (and your religious view doesn't always hold up in the court of law).

Abortion is easy to argue. All you have to argue is that life starts at the moment of conceptions, which gives the fetus inalienable rights.

The other side will say, the mother has rights over the fetus, however you can argue she waved those rights when she willing engaged in intercourse.

Helpful topics to bring up:
-infanticide
-botched abortion
-birth control
-Legislation: http://www.rfcnet.org/wt092700.htm

MissRochelle said...

Also, google "Live birth abortion", this will made your skin crawl.

Hope this helps. Email me if you have any questions. I love do this stuff!
miss_rochellelee@yahoo.com