Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tucson Trip...live & learn!

Well I am continuing on applying to both PMI in Mesa and Tucson. I narrowed my decision down to the two pretty much, but this is where I'm stuck!! There are pros and cons to both and I know that either way I will gain a great education and will be with friends that will uplift me. Last thursday Dee and I drove to Tucson once again (I swear I have made this drive so much in the last month) I was meeting with my counselor again in hopes of pretty much finishing up any loose ends to my application process. I was hoping to receive some answers to how I felt about Tucson also, first time I went I was so excited and I felt at home. Then when I went to Mesa after that I just wasn't as excited..but after thursday my feelings have changed just a bit.

My meeting was at 2:30 pm so we left after our classes in the morning. On this trip we did not have her parents GPS system and we were a little nervous (anyone that knows Tucson knows that it is crazy with driving...roads are nuts there!) We got lost last time cause we started without the GPS thinking we could it, yeah learned fast enough that if we have the GPS we are going to use it. We exited off our exit and the first stoplight we came to was red so we stop still kinda worried about getting lost (It was on this road that we got lost last time) However, when the light turned green I stepped on the gas to find that my lovely car had stalled!!! oh yes in the middle of an intersection, tons of traffic mind you! I kinda started to panic not knowing what to do, but I turned on my flashers quick, I felt so bad for the cars behind me...Dee told me shut the car off then try it...lucky for us it started but seemed like it didn't want to go. Talk about a little bit more stress added to my day! 2 hours from home, not sure exactly where we were going and a car that was about to die on us!! Just my luck!

We did find our way to PMI without getting lost which made me so happy and a little less worried about that. I go to my meeting at 2:30, started to talk to my counselor, at first he didn't know what I was doing there (I had just talked to him on tuesday) He added up my points (that's how I am accepted, its all based on a point system) Well I did really well, and he is confident that I will be called back for the interview which will determine if I'm accepted or not....heres the catch...my interview will be around Nov or Dec!!! My program starts in March and I won't know if I'm accepted until Dec...how am I supposed to decide where to move to now?? Well I started asking as many questions as I had and he answered them so fast. Here's where I got annoyed even more, drove 2 hours there for a 10 minute meeting that in the end could have been done on the phone..live and learn I guess next time I will asking if I can take care of anything over the phone!
After my little tiny meeting, Dee and I drove to the house we would be living in...I absolutly love the house and the view that we have from the house!! And then we started our 2 hour drive back to Thatcher! oh it gets better though...just as we turned off the highway to head towards Safford, my car once again stalls at the stop sign, luckily no cars were behind me!

So needless to say, I am a little disappointed in the trip! I really didn't get the answers I wanted or any good news for that matter and my poor car is giving up on me...I've been talking to my dad about it and I might have to get a new fuel pump in it..but it still has a strong motor (haha right dad??) Here is a picture in front of PMI...I really excited to do this program but my decision has not gotten any easier!

4 comments:

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

I still love you even if you don't know where you are living! and yes we all live and learn! It sucks but it happens. Love ya pal!

masonandtara2 said...

So just a little bit of two cents...It sounds to me that no matter which decision you make it is the right decision. Sometimes heavenly father leaves the decision up to us because he trusts us and the choices are equally great. I guess I'm trying to say that no matter which you choose it is the right choice!

Lyndee said...

Oh my love sounds crazy! I wish you the best of luck with your program!

Stacy Stoddard said...

I echo Tara. Heavenly Father also wants us to make a decision. you may have it narrowed down, but sometimes we just have to choose and continue forward. if both schools are good, then heavenly father doesn't care he will make it work out with the school you choose to go to.

so decided and plan things as though you are already accepted. Good luck.