Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mom I need your help!

Disclaimer: This is really embarrassing and just shows how much of a dork I am so when you are laughing just remember that I want to get better and am determined to do so!!

Yesterday for lunch Bryany baked tortillas to make nachos and when I saw her meal it looked super good...so the little betty crocker that I am decided to try it today for lunch. I decided to broil the tortillas to make them a little more crispy, while they were in the oven, however, I went on my computer and started facebooking (#1 problem...facebook! Its addicting and I was catching up on family and friends) a little while later I went into the kitchen to check on my wonderful nachos and I went in to find a fire had started!!! Oh yes the tortillas were on fire inside the oven...so me in a panic got a cup of water and put the flames out!! So there I sat, kitchen full of smoke, my tortillas ruined and the shame coming over me! (I should've known not to leave the kitchen, I had burned a tortilla once before the same way..do I never learn?)
What's left of my tortilla! :(
All I can say is....Mom I need your help!!!

6 comments:

masonandtara2 said...

I have so been there and I am still there. Be carefull cause next time you'll be on fire!! I've decided some people have a talent to cook and others just pretend. I just pretend!

momtoo3cutegirlz said...

JENN!! I just sprayed my water out of my mouth.. THANKS for the laugh today (sorry but it was funny!) My only advice (b/c I am a Mom and your older sister in law) don't cook while your on facebook!! :) And, go to Wal-Mart and buy a new pan!!

LOVE YA!!

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

Oh man pal... I know how oyu feel. I have never burnt tortillas but I have managed to burn other things. I was making dinner for my family all 8 of us and i was way excited. I was cooking Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato soup...easy right....WRONG! I burnt the sandwiches...the sandwiches got stuck to the pan because i forgot to spray it...oh and the best part....I burnt the soup as well! My siblings hated it and they let me know it....I cried becaues i thought i was doing something good and it ended in desater!!! I feel ya pal...don't give up you can do it!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

That second picture is pure brilliance.

BrandonandJeana said...

hahahahhaahahhahahahhahahah, thats me laughing hysterically. Burbs says you should stick to the crock pot! hehe I don't know which of your cooking stories is the funniest. Man, I love you!