Wednesday, November 26, 2008

16 Days and Thanksgiving!!!

So I officially fly home in 16 days and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am...I'm so ready to go home to be with my family, to be back in Wisconnsin and to be done with this semester! With Thanksgiving tomorrow, today I was thinking of all the things that I am thankful for and I have a lot.

1. My Family!!!! I love my big family, we may get on each other's nerves but in the end we are there for one another and I wouldn't trade my family for anything!



2. I Love Wisconsin!!! Moving away has made me grow to truly love and appreciate Wisconsin! I love everything about my home state!


3. My Education....I have learned a lot at EAC and am so happy that I had the opportunity to come here and learn what I have. And I'm excited to further my education hopefully at BYU or a University in Utah!


4. Friends! I have the greatest friends in the world, and seriously they are pretty much everything in the counrty! I have great friends back home that I love dearly, I have met some great people in Arizona and Utah!! My friends mean the world to me and I am so grateful that I have them in my life!


5. Seasons! Moving away from Wisconsin, I have grown to really appreciate the 4 seasons! I hate cold, but I miss it. I am so grateful for grass and trees and snow and color..living in the desert you don't get that


6. The Gospel!!! I honestly don not know where I would be without the Gospel in my life!!


7. The Priesthood! I am so grateful that I grew up in a house that I was able to have a a father's blessing whenever, before school starts, when I'm sick, or just a bad day! Receiving a priesthood blessing is such a special thing for me, it makes me really know that My Father in Heaven is there and loves me!


8. My Trials..now that would never have been on my grateful list a few years ago, but now I can honestly say that I love my trials, I have finally grown to really know and realize that I am tested for a reason, everything happens for a reason!!!


9. Prayer! Prayer saves me daily! What more can I say?


10. My life!!! I have a great life, I have the best family and friends and I have so many blessings!!! I have a lot to work on and I have a lot of things I want to do, but I love my LIFE!!!
I can't wait to go home and be with my family! The countdown has begun!

2 comments:

DJ said...

I am so excited for you! I wish I was going in 16 days. I love Wisconsin, too. Come to think of it I can attest to everything on your gratitude list. Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope you have a great day and weekend. And say HI to your fam and all the great Gresham/Shawano peoples I know and love....and miss!! Some day I'll get back there. I always miss it so much especially during this time of year--the seasons, it's so beautiful there. Well have fun. Love ya.

Lyndee said...

Oh Jen Jen I am thankful for you and being my friend! Yeah! I am so excited for you to go home too! Yeah for family! I miss you!