Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It could never happen...

Recently one of my closest friend's cousin passed away from cancer, and I have been thinking nonstop about the situation. This past weekend I saw my friend and we sat and talked about everything and it hit me how much you can love someone, when you just want to take the pain away. It killed me seeing her in so much heartache, and I've never met her cousin or most of her family for that matter, but I can't help but feel compassion for them. Her cousin was a beloved husband and father of two young kids, and my heart goes out to them. I couldn't imagine losing someone so close to me...you always think "it could never happen to me and this whole week I've just been thinking of how much I take for granted. I have so much to be thankful for and yet I find myself always wanting more and being selfish. This life is so short and I know that I need to make the most of everything and everyday...I want to wake up each day and MAKE is a great day. I don't want to have regrets and wish one day that I should've said "i love you" again to someone no longer here...so I am telling my family and friends now...I Love you!! Thank you for everything that you do for me, I don't know what I would do without you in my life!!

(especially to my friend..you know who you are...I'm always here!! I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm thinking of you)

2 comments:

Lyndee said...

Oh Jens tear..really. Thank you for your support and love. It is just so comforting to have people who love you and care about you. Always continue to say I love you to those you love. Always pray for those who need you and who you love. We always have the Lord's help and comfort. These are the lessons I have learned and I am glad you are learning them too. I LOVE YOU! Thank you for your prayes and love in bealf of me and my family. I LOVE YOU!

Sammi said...

I love you babe. You are so incredible and more amazing than you know. I love you with everything in my heart. You are the reason that I survived high school. I can't thank you enough for being the best friend a person could be and for always being there when I needed you. You're wonderful, love.