Sunday, May 3, 2009

I have been blessed...

Having the opportunity to serve as my singles ward's Relief Society President for the past year has been a huge blessing in my life! My presidency and I were released today and I have to say that it is definatly a bitter sweet feeling. I am relieved to be done and ready to let someone else have the opportinity to serve and to receive the blessings that I have had, but I am so sad to be done. I had the opportunity to serve with amazing girls and I love them so much and am so grateful for everything that they did...they had to put up with me and that was a job in itself.

I gave the lesson and it was on Elder Snow's conference talk "Get on with our lives" I figured it fit well with ending the semester and let me tell ya, I think the Lord knew that I needed that lesson myself. Reality is hitting that my time at EA is coming to an end and as sad as I will be to leave this place behind, I am ready to take on a new challenge!

My testimony has grown so much with this calling and I can't begin to say how much I have learned and am still learning and all the blessings that I have received. I truly know that this Gospel is true and that we have an amazing prophet called of God. I know that we have a Savior who died for each and everyone of us and that he knows us individually, he knows our strengths and weaknesses and there is nothing that we will be given that we can't handle. I know that there is a plan for me and that it's ok that I don't know what's instore for me, and I know that if I put the Lord first in everything I do, everything will fall into place. I love this Gospel with all my heart and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me and trusting me with the opportunity to serve in my calling and for allowing me to serve with a great presidency. It will defiantly be weird for ahwile, not having meetings to go to or things to worry about, but I'm sure I will get used to it. :)

My Presidency!!! Sherry, Me, Stacie, & Kylyne....I love these girls so much and am so happy and grateful that I got to know them and serve with them!!

1 comment:

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

Jen I love you and am also very greatful for you and being able to serve w/ you!!