Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mt Graham pics...

Dee's dad Daryl taught me how to drive the motorcycle....lesson one: Don't crash! ha this is me in my "learning to Drive 101" instruction
Me getting ready to go for my first ride...
and again...I was very scared and worried...luckily Daryl was with me and I know he wouldn't let me crashAway we go...love riding through the mountains..it's soo pretty
Coming back...haha We didn't crash...I was sooo proud of myself
Dee & I getting ready to go for a ride!
I ride as passenger with Dee on the bike and we go through a puddle and we lift our legs and this is what I get...trying to avoid getting my feet wet, I get my bum soaked....crazy driver
On the top of the Big-O-Rock...amazing view!!
Sitting at the opening of the ice cave....waiting for Daryl and Nathan to give us the verdict to see if it was worth climbing down
We were a little scared...and yes we had to squeeze through that little opening and as Daryl said..."slide down the rock till you hit another rock..." yeah-not the most comforting thing to make you want to go
In the process of climbing down...scared, worried, excited, unwilling, etc....all these feelings
And we made it!! This is us kids at the very end of the ice cave..a good 200 feet in the mountain
And we made back out ALIVE!!!
But oh so very dirty! haha Amanda had a tiny hole in her jeans before the ice cave and because of all the sliding on the rocks, her tiny hole turned into a GIANT hole and even continued down her leg before we got back to the cabinTaking a rest after the climb! I was pretty tired, but it was soooo worth it!