Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend on Mt Graham...

For Memorial weekend, I went up to Mt Graham to spend the weekend with Dee's Family in their cabin. It was such a fun weekend, we went up friday afternoon...hung out with friends friday night which was pretty cold outside. Saturday I successfully learned to drive a dirt bike, so fun by the way (Pictures of that will be coming soon) Sunday we spent the day hiking the mountain and the ice caves, we hiked up to a tree that President Spencer W. Kimball carved his name in it, It was so neat to be there. The ice caves were really fun too, we actually went down pretty far (about 200 feet) yeah I was a little scared at some parts, but I'm so glad that I went. Monday we helped load some wood and hung out then headed home around 1pm. It was a relaxing weekend spent playing games, cards, hiking, riding the motorcylces, sitting by the fire, and having fun!! As much as I loved the mountain, it did feel good to come home and shower and feel clean...haha Can't wait to go up again though.... (More pictures will be coming as soon as I get them)The Kimball Tree...yes I look nasty so please don't mind that One of the Many amazing views that I had while hiking...the Mountin is gorgeous!!!Dee's little sister Tiffany sitting in the cave waiting for everyone else to come out, she didn't go in with us so she was there waiting for us to come out and helped us a little too. Yeah it was tight squeeze but so fun to be in there! She's so dang cute!Gotta love Arizona and all the wildlife that you find while hiking...I can handle lizards

3 comments:

A Piece of the Puzzel...Journey Through Life (Stacie) said...

Jen I loved the pictures. It looked like you had fun. I think that you look BEAUTIFUL no matter if you are clean or dirty. WIth or with out makup! Love ya pal

DJ said...

What a FUN weekend. I love that you did all that. And you look fine by the way. The scenery is amazing too. I miss my college days and with it my adventurous side too. Keep living it up!

Emily said...

Yay for camping! You're so cute!